Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Christmas Season Devotional by Madison

This time of year is really special because it is a time to honor Heavenly Father's gift to us, Jesus Christ. We celebrate the season by retelling the story of Jesus' humble birth, singing hymns and Holiday carols, sharing Christmas baked goods, and spending special time with our dear loved ones. Another tradition of the Christmas season is to give gifts (which means you need to recieve at some point. :) just as Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ did for us.
The sad thing is that the real meaning of the season is often forgotten by all the excitement over toys, Santa and goodies. Let us keep the true meaning of Christmas forever in our hearts as we go about this (or should I say finish) CHRISTmas season.

So that is my "Family Home Evening-ish" Christmas devotional that I dont think any of you needed to hear. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Judy said...

I loved your thoughts on Christmas!! I love it when we get what Christmas is all about